Are you planning a removal to China? China is one of the oldest civilizations in the world, it is a fascinating country for its culture and customs. China represents the first expatriation destination for Spaniards in Asia.
If you move to Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Beijing or any other destination, it is necessary some time of anticipation and methodology. The country has a population of more than 1.3 billion, making it the most populous in the world. 92% of the population are Han, and the remaining 8% belong to one of the 55 minority ethnic groups (Zhuang, Miao, Dong, Yao, Manchus, Mongols, Uyghurs, Hui, etc.). The most populated cities are Shanghai and Beijing.
Your removal to China with Grupo Amygo
China is an attractive country for expatriates and has shown less rigidity in recent years for westerners to live and work within its borders. Its attractions are numerous, it is a country of great historical treasures such as the 20,000 km long Great Wall, the 2,200 year old terracotta army of Xi’an… its traditional appearance combined with the frenetic pace of its big cities make China an exceptional destination.
In order to enter China, it is necessary to obtain a work permit, which is issued with a date of at least 1 year, and a residence permit. If you have the possibility, avoid the rainy season, especially if you move to the southern regions. The best time to move is spring or autumn.
China’s climate is continental in the north, with cold and dry winters and very hot and tropical summers in the south, with a significant degree of humidity in summer. In the center and inland, summers are very hot and often humid.
You should be aware that each city, province and neighbourhood may have a different interpretation of the laws. An international move to China requires significant organisation.
The processes are long, but surmountable. The packing of your belongings must be meticulous and in accordance with Chinese customs. The waiting time for your belongings to arrive in China from a sea container is two months, but this can vary from one place to another given the size of the country.
Grupo Amygo has a network of correspondents of recognised international prestige at our disposal in China to facilitate the completion of the removal to China.
Customs in China
Customs follows an exhaustive methodology, here is a summary of the most important aspects:
- Weapons and ammunition
- Drugs or poisons
- Fresh food, especially meat
- Pornographic and subversive literature
- Dangerous and rare animals and their products
- Motorbikes are prohibited
- Privately owned vehicles are considered a luxury item and are subject to taxation.
- Restrictions and taxes depend on the type and size of the vehicle (import duties can be up to 200%).
- Only one pet allowed per residence permit.
- Veterinarian’s certificate and original rabies vaccination certificate required.
- A veterinary inspection must be arranged by the owner upon arrival on Chinese territory.
CUSTOMS CLEARANCE TIMES:
- 5 to 8 working days for an air shipment through customs.
- 12 to 15 working days to inspect a complete container.
- Incomplete documentation may alter the deadlines.
Useful information for your removal to China
- Currency: the Yuan (CNY) or Renminbi (RMB)
- Mandarin is the official language, and Cantonese is spoken in the south, combined with a myriad of dialects throughout the country.
- Health: No vaccinations are required. For travel in Tibet and Sichuan, differences in temperature and altitude can cause problems and a medical check-up is recommended to ensure altitude resistance. Long road trips can be harmful for people with back pain, especially in Tibet, Sichuan and Yunnan. Don’t forget sunscreen, take your usual medication and a small first-aid kit containing medication for intestinal disorders, painkillers, bandages and medication for colds and tonsillitis.
- Time difference Spain – China : +7h in winter and +6h in summer.
- To call China, dial 0086 + prefix of city or region + number of the correspondent. To call Spain from China, dial 0034 + the correspondent’s number.
China removal services: Full door to door services
- FULL CONTAINERS 20′ AND 40′ 40’HC for overseas removals
- MARITIME GROUPAGE SERVICES in LIFT VANS containers suitable to small loads.
- SHIPPING SERVICES BY AIR
- Unfolding furniture
- Custom packing furniture and fine objects
- Loading and stowage in container
- Shipping from address to port
- Export Custom Clearance
- Overseas and air freight
- International Insurance
- Import Custom Clearance
- Delivery to destination address
- Short or long period storage
- Furniture folding
- Removal of surplus packaging material
- Additional services on request: hanging of pictures, installation of lighting, cleaning, etc…
We provide the client with a local storage service for the storage of the move if necessary, we also manage the local parking permits, placing the parking space reservation signs well in advance and inspecting the accesses at the destination.
Our teams also carry out moving assessment inspections in case the origin is a Chinese city, and support our group to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
Grupo Amygo is an honorary member of ARA (Asian Relocation Association) in Europe and this endorsement allows us to reach any Asian country and provide the best service with the support of international moving organisations.